Tuesday 8 December 2009

Yusha Evans - How The Bible Led Me To Islam




     My name is Yusha Evans. I am 27 years old and am living in College Park, MD. I was raised by my grandparents in Greenville, South Carolina in a very strict Methodist home. In my teenage years, I became very involved in the church and was studying at a small Bible college in my hometown with the intention of eventually enrolling in Bob Jones University. I was learning to read the Bible in Hebrew and Greek and was very interested in textual criticism of the Bible.

It was during these years of intense Bible study that I read the Bible cover to cover a half a dozen times. In doing so, I realized there were many inconsistencies and contradictions. I realized the Bible was not the inerrant Word of God as I had always been taught. I eventually left Christianity and searched for the truth about God elsewhere.

     I studied every religion from Judaism to Buddhism, Wicca to Bushido. While many religions had certain truths to them, they had major tenants or flaws I could not accept. All praise is due to God, one day I found myself talking with a young Muslim who invited me to jumuah, the Friday service and congregational prayer. When I saw the Muslims praying, bowing and prostrating with their heads on the floor, all the verses of the Bible describing the prayer of the prophets came flooding back to me. I asked for a copy of the Quran, read it from cover to cover in three days, and the rest (as they say) is history.

Sumber : www.yushaevans.com
 

2 comments:

Sya on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 9:19:00 pm said...

Bagus artikel ni..

Parliewalla360 on Sunday, December 20, 2009 5:26:00 pm said...

Bangga dengan Yusha ni kerana seorang anak muda yang berani untuk meletakkan islam di tempat yang tertinggi..

Post a Comment

TeRiMa KasiH KeraNa SuDi Komen Kat SiNi

 

ParlieWalla360™ | “Informasi,Hiburan,Muzik,Berita,Artis,Popular,Terkini” Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet
Distributed by Deluxe Templates © 2008